Digital Support Guru Required
ICT Technician and Support Analyst (with proficiency in Microsoft 365 and eLearning environments)
Strengthening Practice (SP) is one of the UK’s leading social care training providers. Training solutions in recent years have taken a substantial shift towards online/remote delivery methods. This is significant, as our sector (Social Care) has lagged behind others in its embracing of digital solutions and work practices. Since March 2020, SP has been developing a Virtual Learning Ecosystem (VLE) that is built around our Microsoft 365 tenant. As a key pillar in our VLE, SP has procured the Brightspace eLearning platform. We have created a new role in SP to provide technical support to that platform and our users (trainers and participants).
This role is broad in its scope, but its focus should be to provide technical support to our existing training platforms and our users (trainers and participants). We are therefore looking for someone who has solid experience in Microsoft 365 tenant and application configuration and support (in particular Teams), and ideally experience supporting an eLearning environment. We also need day-to-day IT support for our staff and corporate systems, so this is a dual role. Despite our status as a leader in our field, we are a small company of a dozen or so people from diverse backgrounds with big ambitions; so you will be pivotal to the efficiency and happiness of the SP team and our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- provide day-to-day technical support to SP’s team, who are spread all over England. Most of this support will be remote via Teams/Zoom, but some travel to client and staff locations will be necessary from time to time with occasional support required outside of office hours.
- in addition to technical support, provide advice and coaching to staff and client users to ensure they feel confident and comfortable using SP’s technology and tools.
- manage and support our Microsoft 365 tenant and applications.
- manage our helpdesk service and respond to support requests (including resolving reported issues or triaging to application provider support teams as appropriate).
- set up and manage backup regimes for the company’s cloud-hosted data and also local computers.
- keep our anti-virus/internet protection applications up to date across all our systems and devices
- provide technical support for our corporate websites.
- provide technical support for our Virtual Learning Ecosystem and in particular, eLearning platform.
- provide end-user support to client users (generally participants in virtual training sessions).
- provide support to our training staff for training events (e.g. large seminars).
- help our staff keep their files in good order and stored in the right places.
- assess and recommend potential IT solutions to business problems that we identify or you notice, and suggest and implement better ways of working, e.g. deployment of digital timekeeping, task management and other opportunities for automation and improving efficiencies.
Personal qualities, skills, experience and qualifications:
- You have an engaging personality with a positive outlook on life.
- You value integrity and are comfortable (if not experienced) in stakeholder relations.
- You are self-motivated and willing to work hard.
- You are flexible and are willing to take on any challenge offered (within reason), including being able to cope with change, and be proactive and adapt quickly to the varying needs of our business and our clients.
- You agree with our company ethos and values, and you are comfortable that we expect you to exemplify those values in your day-to-day work and attitudes.
- You are an excellent gremlin sleuth and problem solver within a technical environment.
- You have the patience of a saint, and you are happy to help non-technical staff and clients make the best of our technology, no matter how many times you need to explain it.
- You are a whizz at setting up, deploying, and supporting Teams and Zoom meetings and events.
- You can work with both Windows and Mac operating systems, and ideally are conversant with iOS and Android OS.
- You have 3+ years’ professional (paid) experience in IT support, in particular Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft 365 Cloud platform and office applications.
- You’ve got a clean record and will pass an Enhanced DBS Check (we will arrange and pay for this check).
- Whilst the majority of your support work will be via remote means, you are willing and able to travel on the odd occasion to wherever our staff or client needs you in the UK (we will pay for your travel).
- Experience and/or certification in Microsoft 365 tenant, platform and office application configuration and management.
- Experience providing technical and user support on eLearning platform/s
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent NVQ in Computer Science or related field, or good A levels in computer science
- Sound knowledge of the Google Business suite of applications (especially Calendar, Drive)
- Sound knowledge of WordPress standards and features
- Sound knowledge of Wix standards and features
- Sound knowledge of HTML and web scripting languages
- Sound knowledge of SQL
- Valid UK drivers’ licence
Salary and benefits:
This is a permanent, full time role at 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. We are willing to consider alternative hours, however, depending upon business need and personal circumstances.
The gross salary for this role is £31,785 pa.
You will have your choice of cool IT kit (yes, you may have a Mac, yes you may have dual 24” monitors).
You’ll have the opportunity to work with some really amazing people with all sorts of diverse interests and backgrounds who will help you grow as a person and professional. For example, Peter is writing a Viking Age historical adventure series on the side, Phil is an awesome ventriloquist with a wolf named Bernie T Mendoza, and Gerry is a specialist diver who maps and looks after historical shipwrecks.
Location and travel:
You will be based in Cumbria at our offices in Cockermouth town centre. We are happy to offer a mix of home- and office-based flexible working, depending upon your circumstances.
The majority of your work will be remote support, but occasional travel to staff and/or client locations will be required to resolve more serious issues, to set up new equipment, or support training events (all such travel is paid by the company).
Closing date: 5pm, 25/07/2022
Please send your CV and a statement telling us why you would make a great addition to our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also like to know when you would be able to start with us should we offer you the job.
Interviews will be virtual via Zoom or Teams.
For any queries about the role, please send a note to the email address above, or call our office on 01900 822 458 and ask for Shane Brown.